PMT (GB) Ltd have been in business since 2001, selling a range of Contamination Control instruments and equipment into the clean-room industry including Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals, Electronics Industry and a range of companies in the clean-room and controlled environment industry.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to promote and sell our range of contamination control instruments and services.
Main responsibilities of this role will include; receiving and interpreting customer enquiries, providing pre sales technical assistance, generating quotations and technical proposals, negotiating and agreeing terms, establishing new and maintaining existing client relationships, travel to visit clients for face to face meetings and demonstrations, supporting marketing campaigns by attending trade shows, conferences and other events where required.
Applicants will ideally have instrument sales experience and having previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage. Having a good technical knowledge is also required.
The area we are looking this applicant to cover is North of England, Scotland & Ireland, so they will ideally be based in southern Scotland or the far North of England with easy transport links to other the other areas in their territory.
North of England, Scotland & Ireland
- Develops a go-to-market territory plan that includes opportunity mapping, target accounts, forecast, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements
Prospecting & lead generation
- Maintains and updates a list of target accounts and prospects including organizational charts on decision makers, influencers, support staff, etc.
- Actively prospects across the install base and in new accounts to ensure that target opportunities are developed
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and bookings/revenue expectations are met
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments
- Executes complete selling process from opportunity creation/identification through contract closing
- Prepares for each sales call and sets specific call objectives
- Responds effectively to customer requests, resolves critical issues and meets all commitments in a timely manner
Must be able to communicate with various levels within the company from engineers to directors, feedback sales figures and forecasts, advise sales support staff for customer quotations, and discuss service issues with the service department.
- Preferably based in the South of Scotland
- Proven track record of sales achievement within or related to laboratory instrumentation, capital equipment or related products.
- Experience in selling to the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
- Ability to travel within the UK and overseas (a valid driver's license and passport without restrictions)
- Effective communicator (both written and spoken)
- Ability to represent the company to all levels within customer organizations, from director level to technicians
- Be a highly self-motivated individual with good organizational skills as you will be home based
- Be able to work independently without close supervision
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Manage complex internal relationships across organizational boundaries
- Work with speed, passion, and a can-do attitude
- Listen actively, communicate completely
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday
To apply, please send your CV with an introductory letter to Ian Norman at iannorman(at)pmtgb.com